Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chicken Pineapple Fajitas


This recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens (March 2008) and I would love to try this recipe (picure comes from BHaG too):
8 six inch tortillas

4 one inch slices peeled fresh pineapple (although I am sure I will use canned)

1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast halves (although I am sure I will use whatever meat I have on hand)

2 red or orange sweet peppers (although I am sure I will use green because they are cheaper)

2 tsp Jamaican jerk seasoning

1/8 tsp ground black pepper (a few shakes of the shaker)

1 Tbsp cooking oil (turn the jar over for a few seconds - don't bother to measure)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven (although I am sure I will use the microwave)

  2. Coat 12 inch skillet with cooking spray, add pineapple slices; cook 4 - 6 minutes until browned (turning once)

  3. Cut chicken in strips; toss with peppers, seasoning, and pepper.

  4. Heat oil in skillet; add chicken and peppers. Cook and stir over medium-high 4 - 6 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.

  5. mix with pineapple and serve with cilantro and lime

Aparently this recipe is $2.77/serving - although I think I could get it down to less with green peppers, canned pineapple on sale, and tortillas on sale

No comments:

Post a Comment